Cambre Associates is looking for a talented trainee to join our trade and external relations team. The successful applicant will support public and private clients on foreign policy and trade issues.
This is an exciting opportunity for a professional with a passion for EU external policies and keen to work in a stimulating multicultural, multinational environment.
Deadline for applications: 27 June 2021 (11.59PM)
Start date: ASAP
· Keeping up with the latest trade, customs and EU external relations developments, as well as the interplay between EU internal policies, politics and interests of non-EU companies and countries.
· Following the works of the relevant Committees in the European Parliament (AFET/INTA/DROI etc.) and other institutions.
· Monitoring EU legislative files related to trade and external relations as well as related media reports.
· Organizing meetings with stakeholders and preparing materials for these occasions.
· Drafting communication documents related to developments in EU trade policy or external affairs.
· Carry out analyses and research on EU policies, politics and regulatory developments.
· Cooperate with Cambre’s digital, media and marketing teams to jointly develop creative tools and programmes to support clients.
Qualifications and experience
· University degree or similar in law, international relations, public policy, European affairs or similar.
· Excellent command of spoken and written English. Fluency in French is a strong plus. Any other languages also a plus.
· Strong and actual interest in European politics, EU external relations, foreign affairs and trade.
· Experience in using social media and other digital tools for communications is an advantage.
· Self-starter, being able to work autonomously and with flexibility in a high paced environment.
· Excellent drafting skills.
· Intellectual curiosity.
· A stimulating international work environment;
· An opportunity to develop and grow.
Due to the high number of applications, we will only contact shortlisted applicants. Applicants should have a valid EU working permit.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter (two pages maximum) to email@example.com, with the subject line: Trade & External Relations Trainee – Your Name.