SEC Newgate EU is a Brussels-based advocacy and communications consultancy with global reach as part of the SEC Newgate Group.
We are looking for a talented consultant policy communications consultant with a passion for science-based communications and an understanding of the power of digital advocacy to drive business growth.
The successful applicant will be part of our dedicated communications team, supporting clients across topics and sectors, including the chemical, healthcare and energy sectors.
This is an exciting opportunity for a professional keen to work in a stimulating, fast-paced and multicultural environment.
Deadlines for applications: 6 January 2023.
Start day: As soon as possible.
- Working with the SEC Newgate EU communications and policy teams to manage and implement existing communications and advocacy programmes.
- Providing counsel to clients on policy communications, internal communications and advocacy opportunities.
- Developing annual working plans in line with strategy and policy developments.
- Drafting quality materials including presentations, newsletters, speaking points, media toolkits and other communications materials.
- Maintaining and enhancing social and digital channels including regular strategic reviews of digital performance.
- Supporting media relations efforts including maintaining relationships with trade press.
- Supporting SEC Newgate EU’s overall business development efforts and helping enhance communications capabilities within the team.
- Managing client accounts and junior staff members, including the provision of internal training programmes.
- Developing specific marketing projects to promote SEC Newgate EU’s communications practices.
Qualifications & requirements.
- At least 7 years of working experience in communications, ideally with a focus on chemicals and/or healthcare issues.
- Excellent social media skills (strategy, content, management, analytics).
- A good understanding of the European policy landscape.
- A university degree or similar in communication, public relations, or journalism.
- Ability to write clearly, creatively and concisely and display strong presentation skills.
- Ability to grasp technical issues and make them understandable.
- Fluency in English.
- Commercially astute with a strong sense of client service.
- A team player with the ability to motivate colleagues.
- A full-time employment contract
- An attractive compensation package
- A stimulating international work environment
- An opportunity to develop and grow, at an individual, performance-based pace
Send your CV and a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6 January 2023, with the subject line: Senior Communications Consultant. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Due to the high number of applications, we will only contact shortlisted applicants.
Applicants should have a valid EU working permit.