SEC Newgate EU is a Brussels-based advocacy and communications consultancy with global reach through the SEC Newgate group.
We are looking for a talented trainee to join our award-winning media team of former journalists. This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate with a passion for media, who is keen to work in a stimulating multicultural, multinational environment.
Deadline for applications: 15 September 2022
Start date: ASAP
- Compiling and updating media lists.
- Keeping track of journalist comings and goings.
- Following the latest news developments in Europe and conducting analysis and research.
- Drafting media background documents for client media outreach.
- Monitoring media coverage and compiling clippings reports.
- Supporting marketing and business development activities.
Qualifications and experience
- University education.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English. Any other languages a plus.
- Strong interest in the EU media landscape and news developments.
- Self-starter, being able to work autonomously and with flexibility in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent drafting skills.
- Intellectual curiosity.
- A stimulating international work environment;
- An opportunity to develop and grow.
Due to the high number of applications, we will only contact shortlisted applicants. Applicants should have a valid EU working permit.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter (two pages maximum) to email@example.com, with the subject line: Media Relations Trainee – Your Name.