SEC Newgate EU is a Brussels-based advocacy and communications consultancy with global reach as part of the SEC Newgate Group.
We are looking for a talented consultant to join our dedicated media team which is known for generating news coverage across Europe as well as for our award-winning #BrusselsCalling event series with journalists. You may be a journalist seeking a fresh challenge. You may have media relations experience at another consultancy, one of the EU institutions, a corporate, a trade association, a think-tank or an NGO. What matters is that you have a passion for media relations and the world of journalism, with knowledge of the EU media landscape and a can-do mindset.
This is an exciting opportunity to work across sectors and clients with a variety of colleagues in a stimulating multicultural, multinational environment.
- Provide advice and guidance on EU media engagement to clients.
- Draft media messaging, pitches, press releases and other materials.
- Write and place op-eds for clients.
- Compile and regularly update media lists.
- Organise media outreach (e.g. 1:1 introductory meetings and interviews, group briefings, press conferences).
- Monitor media coverage and compile clippings reports.
- Propose and execute activities for clients.
- Manage and review the work of junior colleagues.
- Keep track of journalists’ comings and goings, notify clients, and update media lists.
- Support marketing activities and business development.
Qualifications & requirements.
- University education.
- 2-4 years of experience in media relations or journalism.
- Knowledge of the European media landscape.
- Ability to grasp technical issues and translate them into pitches, press releases, quotes and other media materials.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English. Any other languages a plus.
- Passion for media relations and journalism.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to write clearly, creatively and concisely.
- Creativity and ability to think outside the box.
- Aptitude for building personal networks with journalists.
- A team player with the curiosity and intellectual drive to learn.
- Self-starter, able to work autonomously and flexibly in a fast-paced environment.
- An attractive compensation package
- A stimulating international work environment
- An opportunity to develop and grow, at an individual, performance-based pace
As soon as possible.
Send your CV and a short cover letter to email@example.com by 28 February 2022, with the subject line: Media Relations Expert. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Due to the high number of applications, we will only contact shortlisted applicants.
Applicants should have a valid EU working permit.