SEC Newgate EU is a Brussels-based advocacy and communications consultancy with global reach as part of the SEC Newgate Group.
We are looking for a talented Account Manager to join our trade and external relations team.
The successful applicant will support public and private clients on foreign policy and trade issues.
This is an exciting opportunity for a professional with a passion for EU external policies and keen to work in a stimulating multicultural, multinational environment.
- Providing strategic counsel to clients on EU external policies, regulatory issues, communication and advocacy opportunities.
- Keeping up with the latest trade, customs and external relations developments, as well as interplay between EU internal policies and interests of non-EU companies and countries, with a view to tapping into new opportunities and identifying risks for (potential) clients.
- Maintaining direct relations with clients in a position of responsibility as project manager.
- Collaboration with SEC Newgate EU’s digital, media and marketing teams to jointly develop creative tools and programmes to support clients.
- Support the development of our trade and external relations business through the enhancement of existing relationships and acquisition of new clients.
- Active development of SEC Newgate EU’s network amidst policy-making circles.
- Working with the SEC Newgate EU trade and external relations team to implement existing marketing projects with a view to securing visibility for the practice.
Qualifications & Requirements.
- At least 4-5 years of working experience in public affairs or EU institutions, ideally with a focus on trade, customs, EU external relations, agri-food and commodities.
- University degree or similar in law, international relations, public policy, European affairs or similar.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and French (mandatory requirement), preferably plus at least one other European language.
- A good understanding of or interest in European politics, EU external relations, foreign affairs and trade.
- Public affairs experience, including raising levels of familiarity of issues with policymakers and the diplomatic community would be a strong advantage.
- Commercially astute with a strong sense of client service, including experience in direct relations with clients and project management skills, including event management.
- Direct experience of using channels of mass and social media, direct and indirect political lobbying, and community mobilisation. Digital skills and understanding and use of digital platforms and opportunities would be desirable.
- An attractive compensation package
- A stimulating international work environment
- An opportunity to develop and grow, at an individual, performance-based pace
As soon as possible.
Send your CV and a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6 March 2022, with the subject line: Government Relations Consultant. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Due to the high number of applications, we will only contact shortlisted applicants.
Applicants should have a valid EU working permit.
For more information about our company, please visit www.secnewgate.eu.