SEC Newgate EU is looking for a talented communications trainee with a passion for storytelling, a creative strategic mind and an understanding of the power of social and digital media to drive business growth.
The successful applicant is a driven digital native who will join our communications teams, supporting clients across sectors, including on social media management and monitoring, content creation, design, and corporate video-making.
This is a paid opportunity for a six-month traineeship.
Deadline application: 18 February 2022 (11.59 PM CET).
Start date: ASAP.
- Help implement digital and integrated communications plans across different practice areas, including chemicals and healthcare;
- Support creative PR campaigns in line with client’s objectives;
- Set up, maintain and enhance social and digital channels – including preparing editorial calendars, community management, digital organic and paid campaigns;
- Draft quality materials including newsletters, speaking points and toolkits;
- Support media relations efforts – maintain relationships with trade press, organise media field trips and draft relevant content;
- Conduct research and media monitoring to support effective communications and business development, including the management and monitoring and reporting tools;
- Support in the organisation of events and marketing activities.
Qualifications & experiences
- A university degree in communication, public relations, or journalism
- Excellent digital skills and robust knowledge of social networks
- Some relevant previous professional communications experience, preferably in a consultancy
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Understanding of the European public relations and digital landscape
- Excellent computer skills and a basic understanding of photo and digital editing tools (e.g. Final Cut Pro, Adobe Suite, Canva.com)
- Preferably some design, filming and video editing skills
- Good organisational and project management skills
- Ability to work autonomously and with flexibility
- Strong sense of client service
- An attractive compensation package in line with the Belgian traineeship guidelines;
- A highly stimulating international work environment;
- An opportunity to develop and grow, at an individual, performance-based pace.
Applicants should have a valid EU working permit.
Please send your CV and a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18 February 2022, with the subject line: Digital Communications Trainee – Your Name.
Due to the high number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.