SEC Newgate EU is a Brussels-based advocacy and communications consultancy with global reach as part of the SEC Newgate Group.
We are looking for a talented consultant with a sound grasp of EU policy, flair for communications and a can-do mindset to join our thriving sustainability practice.
This is an exciting opportunity for a professional with a passion for EU sustainability policy and keen to work in a stimulating multicultural, multinational environment.
- Provide strategic advice, analysis and guidance on EU policy matters to various clients;
- Monitor EU legislative files;
- Draft advocacy and communication materials, as well as monitoring alerts, messaging etc;
- Organise activities including advocacy meetings and events;
- Propose and execute projects for clients;
- Manage and review the work of junior colleagues;
- Support marketing activities and business development.
Qualifications & requirements
- University education;
- 2-4 years of experience in EU public affairs inside or around the EU institutions, in a consultancy and/or industry association;
- A good understanding of EU sustainability files;
- Ability to grasp technical issues and translate them into campaigns and strategies;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English. Any other languages a plus;
- Aptitude and appetite for communications;
- Ability to write clearly, creatively and concisely;
- Ability to build personal networks;
- A team player with the curiosity and intellectual drive to learn;
- Self-starter, being able to work autonomously and with flexibility in a fast-paced environment.
- An attractive compensation package;
- A stimulating international work environment;
- An opportunity to develop and grow, at an individual, performance-based pace.
As soon as possible.
Send your CV and a short cover letter to email@example.com by 28 February 2022, with the subject line: Public Affairs Consultant Sustainability. As applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Due to the high number of applications, we will only contact shortlisted applicants.
Applicants should have a valid EU working permit.